No water at Kitchen Faucet
by Alice (Illinois)
Question: What do you do when your water will not come out of the kitchen faucet?
Answer We don’t know whether this is only an issue at the kitchen faucet or at all faucets. But let’s s start with the most likely causes and work through some possibilities.
- Have you paid your water bill? Just kidding 🙂
- If you have a shutoff valve under the sink, is it off or on? Is there a kink in the water supply line(s) to the faucet?
- Have you checked the water aerator for clogs – a clogged aerator can block water from flowing. The aerator is where the screen is at the end of the faucet where the water flows out.
- Check that your are still connected to water and that there are no kinks in the hose from the outside water faucet to your rig.
- Check that your water supply is on at the outside connection (if using city water).
- If you are using tank water, then make sure your water pump is on.
- Check with the campground. The campground may have turned the water off due to an emergency or leak.
- If you are using city water and the faucet is on, then you might have a problem with the check valve associated with your fresh water fill. Over time they tend to go bad and get stuck in an open or closed position. The only cure is to replace it.
- If you have a water filter then it might be plugged. Replace the water filter if you have noticed a gradual decrease in water volume/pressure over time.
Other comments welcome. Please let us know what the outcome.
Click here to post comments
Return to RV FAQ.